Raising Boys with Special Needs like I am? Have kids with ADHD, Asperger’s, ADHD Inattentive, Sensory Integration issues, learning disabilities, or who just have a hard time paying attention?
Are you ready for some encouragement from a mom who has been there?
Well, good news, the transcript from the Raising Special Needs Kids interivew I did with Kayla Fay, is now available. And it’s free!
Kayla Fay is the mom of 4 boys, three of whom have ADHD Inattentive, and one with a learning disability and the mom behind the wonderful parenting site about raising kids with ADHD Inattentive, ADHD-Inattentive.com.
Kayla has also written several parenting books including Focus Pocus: 100 Ways to Help Your Child Pay Attention and Waking Up from the Homework Nightmare.
During the interview Kayla and I discuss what it’s like to parent boys to adulthood, and how to help our children who have special needs succeed through their school years and into adulthood.
She generously shared the insights and lessons she’s learned from raising her four boys and gives you encouragement that there is a light at the end of what sometimes seems like a long tunnel.
Some of the topics covered in this free download include:
- How you can help your children pay attention and focus, whether they have ADHD or not
- Tips for working with your child’s teachers and other extracurricular activity leaders
- The importance of routines and transitions, but also the importance of teaching your kids to be flexible, especially when they aren’t inclined to be
- How to get to school activities, church, and sports activities with as few battles as possible
- How the food your children eat affects their focus and self-control.
- How time outdoors impacts your children’s ability to focus and succeed in school.
- What battles are worth fighting and which are not
- Memorization tips for students who have difficulty with spelling, bible verses, and other facts
To download your free copy of Raising Boys with Special Needs, click the image above or the link below:
Raising Boys with Special Needs: An Interview with Kayla Fay (321 KB – opens in a new window)
P.S., Feel free to share this with anyone who you know may be struggling with parenting special needs kids, especially raising boys who have trouble focusing or are diagnosised with ADHD, ADHD Inattentive, Asperger’s, Sensory Integration issues, or learning disabilities.